Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Zumba Baby!

Zumba is five minute segments of hell and everyone around you is smiling.

I woke up at five thirty today. My first text was from Rose my blogger friend asking me if I am already awake. I texted that I was going while donning my hijab and lacing my shoes.

At exactly 5:55 I was at the RoadHaus Hotel.

At about six I was on my feet dancing like crazy, smiling, having fun and giving it my all to the zany fitness phenomenon that is ZUMBA!

The pure fitness bliss only lasted for twenty minutes. After that all hell broke lose for me. I felt a searing pain in the soles of my feet. I could barely breathe. I could not keep up. I noticed I was taking frequent water breaks. I was modifying the dance steps. 

The two things that were keeping me from stopping was Rose's encouraging words and my shame of being outdanced by women who were clearly in their sixties.

I was in PAIN! That was when I started counting and realized that most of the music last for five minutes. I told my self you can do it. Five minutes at a time.

I also had to remind myself that I am doing this for myself. Better to know the cause of my body pain than to continue enduring the pain in my lower back with a mysterious cause.

At about seven fifteen the two instructors were finally done administering their  musically induced torture and the staff from the hotel told us that they have 120 pesos breakfast buffet or a 49er breakfast meal.

Sayang wala akong dalang pera at may hearing ako hehehe

So will I be coming back for more?

Definitely! For the breakfast buffet! 

Hahaha joke lang.

Yes I will definitely go back and dance my heart out for fitness and to better equip myself with the strength to push the baby out once I am pregnant hehehe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment